RUSSELL D. ARCHIBALD, PhD (Hon), MSc-ME, BSc-ME, Founding Member & Fellow, PMI; PMP,Honorary Fellow, APM/IPMA, Chairman Emeritus, Archibald Associates LLC
Globally recognized author, consultant and lecturer on project management with a career spanning more than 65 years, Russ has broad international experience in engineering, operations, program and project management as Management Consultant (Archibald Associates, Booz-Allen-Hamilton, CPM Systems, Inc.), Corporate Executive (Bendix, ITT), and Military/Aerospace (USAF Senior Pilot, Hughes Aircraft, Aerojet-General.)
He has consulted to a wide variety of large and small organizations in many industries worldwide. Russ is a Fellow and Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI®) (member No. 6, one of the five original founding trustees), an Honorary Fellow of the Association of Project Management (APM) in the UK, and is listed in Who’s Who in the World (1985).
He is the author of Managing High Technology Programs and Projects (3rd edition, Wiley 2003) (published in four languages), co-author of Network Based Management Information Systems (PERT/CPM) (1967), and author of 12 chapters in 9 books edited by others. Russ has presented 70 papers over the years at PMI, International Project Management Association (IPMA), and other conferences in North and South America, Europe and Asia, and is widely published in periodicals on professional project management. He holds Bachelor of Science (University of Missouri 1948) and Master of Science (University of Texas, Austin 1956) degrees in Mechanical Engineering.
As a pioneer in the field, Russ received an honorary Ph.D. in strategy, program, and project management from the Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Lille (ESC-Lille), France in 2005, and received the Jim O’Brien Lifetime Achievement Award from the PMI College of Scheduling in 2006.
SHANE C. ARCHIBALD, BSc, Managing Principal, Archibald Associates llc
Archibald Associates is a consulting firm based in Washington State, USA, that specializes in project and program management and controls processes and systems.
Shane has 20 years of experience in the development and implementation of advanced, integrated project management processes and systems on large, complex projects and programs in several industries and governmental agencies. Most recently, he implemented the first phase of Project Controls applications and procedures for a large international heavy equipment design-manufacture-installation corporation, including advanced planning, scheduling, cost management, contract management, change management, and risk management processes.
Previously Shane has:
- Developed and documented the project planning and control policies, processes and procedures for a US$10+ Billion transportation engineering & construction portfolio within one of the 50 United States, and managed the scheduling effort for that portfolio. Provided Subject Matter Expertise for a State-Wide Project Controls System Implementation.
- Managed the Project Controls Department for the Washington State Ferries, Terminal Engineering and Construction program, valued at US$1+ Billion.
- Managed the scheduling effort on a nation-wide US$4+ Billion telecommunication systems and facilities upgrade project.
- Managed the development process of a set of Web-based global enterprise products (shipping, pricing and logistics.)
- Implemented various project management and controls software applications and integration efforts, including several generations of Oracle Primavera systems.